High-bond roof coating for modular buildings
Raingard will repair and waterproof any substrate normally found on the roofs of modular buildings, including single-ply membranes, roofing felt and steel roof joints on AV units. . We also supply compatible adhesive and flashings products. Link to adhesive landing page (‘adhesives’) and Seal-It (‘flashings’)
- One-coat application with a brush, roller or squeegee
- Excellent adhesion and durability
- Can be applied year-round (even when damp)
- Touch-dry in 6 hours in standard temperatures
- Instant waterproof protection (rainfall immediately after application has no adverse effect)
- Particularly suitable for general maintenance work (eg bridges cracks)
- Longer life than any bituminous roof coating
- Independently tested
- Resistant to ponding water
Extended shelf life.
Description of Raingard
Raingard is a thixotropic, solvent-based, fibre-filled acrylic roof sealer and waterproof coating. It can be applied even in damp conditions to stop leaks on a variety of materials. Fibres incorporated into Raingard enable cracks and gaps to be bridged. It is vapour-permeable, allowing damp substrates to breathe while eliminating blistering or lack of adhesion.
How to use Raingard
- Roof surfaces should be clean and free from surface contaminants, including rust debris, dirt & stone chippings.
- If fungal growth has been removed, the surface should be treated with a fungicidal wash to kill off any remaining spores.
- Raingard requires only one coat, which should be applied with a coarse brush straight from the can. On very smooth surfaces, the product is best applied by roller when dry.
- Raingard is solvent-based, so good ventilation should be ensured. Care should be taken when applying close to ventilators, to avoid discomfort to occupants.
- Raingard can be applied at ambient temperatures above 0°C. Frost and ice will significantly reduce the adhesion of the product.
Packaging: 5 litres and 20 litres
Specific gravity: 1.25Kg/litre
Volume solids: 50%
Flash point: Greater than 320°C
Shelf life: 1 year if unopened